Image

Buy A Baldy

Monday, June 05, 2006

Craig Takes the Plunge






Thought you'd all like to see these! Or not! Craig's enthusiasm to follow Andrew's example was kind of contagious, but I was extremely glad his friend Christina was here to do the actual dirty deed! I decided at first not to watch, so Dennis was in charge of the first pictures. I was chatting with Crystal online when all of a sudden I heard hysterical laughter from the
back porch, were the initial buzzing was taking place. Laughter is good, I thought, so I went out to check and Christina and Dennis were in tears from laughing so hard while Craig was also laughing in spite of being freaked out by something. Turns out when Christina was looking at his head with the clippers still on there was this quick little "bzzzt" sound which came from her inadvertently getting too close to Craig's left eyebrow! There's a little teeny piece of his eyebrow missing, but it really wasn't that noticable. It looks like a little bitty scar from a manly adventure. Which, I guess in a way, it was!



Anyway, the deed is done and he was sort of enjoying it last night. The amazing thing is how much he looks like Cami. We all had to get on the blog after it was done and compare him to her picture! She's prettier, of course, but it is amazing how much they look alike. I don't think I'd realized that before! So, enjoy and work up your courage for when it's your turn. It's not that bad, we discovered!


Mom/Joan


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're awesome Craig! That's kind of funny that Mom couldn't shave your head. And I'm laughing at the eyebrow! That's too funny. You can't really see it in the pictures so it must not be too bad. So in the shaving picture you look like you're in pain. Does it hurt? Or are you just being dramatic? Not that it's hard to tell with you...heh heh.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! I laughed when I read about the eyebrow, and laughed even harder when I saw the picture! Too funny!

Way to go Craig!!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weird thing is about Craig's head being shaved is that it's already starting to grow back. Every afternoon since Sunday we check and it's been a little stubblier every day! I hope that gives hope to those of you who are hesitant to take the plunge. Craig says, Come in, the water's fine!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jason Young said...

Holy Smokes!! I just found out abuot all of this tonight. I have to admit I am so proud of the positive spin that has been placed on something that could have been such a downer. I love what a supportive family you all are. So I'm thinking I can talk Jason into becoming a "baldy". Is the deal that all the heads are shaved on the 13th? You guys ROCK!!

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig and Andy, very nice! So Crystal, it's kind of funny that Jack's not even close to being a baldy! I thought he might sort have been a baldy since Isaac only had SOME hair. Maybe he's trying to compensate for everyone else's bald heads.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy, that would be great if Jason was added as one of the "baldy boys." We would love to have him join us.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home