Image

Buy A Baldy

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Baldy #1 - Bought!




This weekend I took the plunge and became an official Baldy! Caren cut my hair on Saturday when the kids were down for a nap. It kind of unnerved us both, but the deed is done.

Cutting my hair with the clippers took only about 5 minutes. Shaving it with a razor took closer to 25 by the time Caren had gone over it 3 times. So if you're going to bic it, plan ahead.

It's oddly liberating to be bald. I wanted to see what I looked like, as Calise put it, 'a grandpa.'

My head is cold - but not in a way like having cold arms or legs feels. It's more like someone put Vicks or mint extract on my head - an almost artificial cold.

It got a lot of attention at church. It's a good thing that I'd passed out fliers to get the word out so I didn't have to explain myself a million times to anyone who asked.

All in all it's been an interesting 24 hours! Thanks to everyone who donated! And to those who haven't but plan to, the donations are still open.

I'll post a highlights video as soon as I'm able.

Buckle up, fellow Baldies - you're next!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the hardest haircut I've ever done. A little shocking, but I'm getting used to it.

I still think he's a babe!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so brave! Way to be the first--well after Cami I guess. And I love your "grandpa" picture! :)

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew you are one wild and crazy guy to take the plunge first! I especially loved the hair ring photo, a must for any head shavers collection. By the way how's the water? I wanted to get a accurate description from a someone who previously had hair rather than those who lack trying to convert others to their ways.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy and Caren--at first I thought, wow, how noble of Andy to go first and get through the trauma and then be able to give tips, but then I figured out, the first guy bald is the first guy with new hair, so maybe noble isn't the right word! Heh heh.
The pictures were great and my favorite is Seth rubbing your head. Good job, though, and thanks for getting us off to a good start!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew, you look awesome! The kids all think you look like the happy dude, kind of... At first I thought Dad had decided to shave his too but then I realized it was you! I love the grandpa hair. Hilarious! Also, thanks for the tips. Camdon was begging me to do his right now this morning. I think we'll do it Friday after school since Chris will be doing his at school that day. Apparently some people at church thought he'd be bald yesterday. I don't want to disappoint them next week!

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, Cami you Rock!!

Second, I wanted to say "Good Job" to all of you - I am impressed by everyone's attitude and support. I am looking forward to seeing other family members I know as "a baldy"!!

The "Schofield" clan is amazing!!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loreen, that was so fun to hear from you!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caren and Andrew-the movie is AWESOME! I was laughing so much watching that. It kind of felt like I was there with you. Although, the fast forward razor thing kind of bothered me. I was afraid you were going to cut him:) Can you guys just come to my house and do movies of Camdon and Brian? That'd be great!

Also, Caren, I love what you've put on your living room walls. It looks really good:)

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home